Soroptimist is an international women’s organization for business and professional women who work to improve the lives of women and girls, in local communities and throughout the world. Almost 95,000 Soroptimists in about 120 countries and territories contribute time and financial support to community–based and international projects that benefit women and girls.
The organization’s major project is the Soroptimist Women’s Opportunity Awards, which assist women by giving them the resources they need to improve their education, skills and job prospects.
Other Soroptimist programs include:
- Soroptimists STOP Trafficking, a project that raises awareness about the sex trafficking of women and girls, and seeks to encourage citizens, law-makers and service providers to focus on this global problem.
- Soroptimist Live Your Dream Campaign, which aims to inspire women to live their dreams, and encourages them to pass on their good fortune to others.
- Soroptimist Workplace Campaign to End Domestic Violence, an awareness campaign that targets domestic violence as a workplace concern.
- Soroptimist Violet Richardson Award, a program that recognizes girls’ volunteer efforts.
- Soroptimist Ruby Award: For Women Helping Women, a recognition program for women who help other women and girls
For more information about Soroptimist and programs that improve the lives of women and girls, visit Soroptimist.org.