Soroptimist International of Laguna Beach participates in programs on the local level, depending on the specific needs of our community. Since our founding in 1948, we have contributed more than $1 million to improving the lives of women and girls in Laguna Beach and around the world.
HEALTHY GIRL FESTIVAL – APRIL 27, 2014
Our theme this year is Educating Girls to Change the World. We will be screening the film Girl Rising in the Forum theater, and the Festival of Arts grounds will be filled with energy, inspiration and girl power!! Learn more...
COMMUNITY SERVICE GRANTS AWARDED 2013-2014
- Boys and Girls Club of Laguna Beach
- Breast Cancer Angels
- Girls Scouts of America, Laguna Beach
- Grandma’s House of Hope, Anaheim
- iSanctuary, Costa Mesa
- Laguna Beach Community Clinic
- Laguna Resource Center
- Laguna Beach Senior Center
- School Power
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure Orange County
- Working Wardrobe, Costa Mesa
- Mary’s Shelter, Santa Ana
LAGUNA BEACH HIGH SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIPS
- A total of $10,500 is awarded to 12 college bound students last year.
- Friendship Shelter – monthly dinners prepared and served to 35 homeless residents
- Alternative Sleeping Location – monthly dinners prepared and served to 65 homeless residents
- Personal care items collected and distributed to homeless shelter residents twice a year
WOMEN’S OPPORTUNITY AWARD
Each year we award $2,500 to assist a woman in our community by giving them the resources they need to improve their education, skills and job prospects.
VIOLET RICHARDSON AWARD
This program recognizes an outstanding girl from Laguna Beach High School with a $1,000 award for leadership and volunteer efforts.
Awarded to an exceptional woman in our community to recognize her work on behalf of women and girls.