You are eligible to apply for the Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards if you:
- Provide the primary financial support for yourself and your dependents. Dependents can include children, spouse, partner, siblings and/or parents.
- Have financial need.
- Are enrolled in or have been accepted to a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program.
- Are motivated to achieve your education and career goals.
- Reside in one of Soroptimist International of the Americas’ member countries/territories (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guam, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Taiwan, United States of America, Venezuela)
- Have not previously been the recipient of a Live Your Dream Awards (formerly called the Women’s Opportunity Award)
- Do not have a graduate degree.
- Are not a Soroptimist member, an employee of Soroptimist International of the Americas or immediate family of either.
If you meet all of the above eligibility requirements, start the application process now!
The application Deadline is November 15.
Fill in each writeable field completely, and be sure to sign your name at the bottom. Each section has tips to help you best complete the application. Click here to download the application to your computer.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Be sure to save the documents to your computer or a USB/thumb drive. Otherwise, you risk losing any information you have entered and will need to begin again. After downloading the application (before you begin entering your information), select “Save As” from the “File” menu and change the file name (for example, “LYDappLG.pdf,” where “LG” are your initials.) Then click “Save.”
Instructions for Using Writable PDF Documents for the Live Your Dream Awards Application
- First save the writable PDF application file onto your computer or onto a USB/thumb drive if you are working on a public computer. (If you immediately begin filling out the writable PDF file without having saved it your information will not save.)
- Open the writable PDF file you just saved onto your computer or USB/thumb drive.
- Using your mouse, click on the blank space designated for answers.
- A cursor will appear.
- Type in the correct information.
- Once all parts of the application are complete, select Save As from the File menu and change the file name (for example, LYDappLG.pdf, where LG are your initials.
- Click save.
You will need two different people (NOT related to you) to fill out the reference form. Please email this form to your references and request that they email it back to you when complete. Only two references will be accepted. Please use the form and do not submit reference letters.
Click here to download the reference form.